See The Ten Tenors Wednesday night at the Vilar
February 25, 2014
If you go …
What: The Ten Tenors on Broadway.
When: Wednesday at 7:30 p.m.
Where: The Vilar Performing Arts Center, Beaver Creek.
Cost: Tickets are $78.
More information: Visit http://www.vilarpac.org, or call 970-845-8497.
BEAVER CREEK — The Ten Tenors are back in the U.S. with their show celebrating Broadway's greatest hits, The Ten Tenors On Broadway. The show takes place Wednesday at 7:30pm at the Vilar Performing Arts Center.
This is a continually evolving singing group. What was once known as a group of university friends who banded together to make pocket money during their studies at the Queensland Conservatorium of Music, has now moved through 15 years on the international stage, creating a troupe of road warriors. The group's humble beginnings have evolved into what is the future of the classical cross-over genre.
This Australian troupe respectfully tips their hats to their classical roots, while sharing unique renditions of the genre's best-loved pieces, but also pushing the boundaries of what it means to be a "tenor" and to sit in the "classical" genre in today's world. Taking cues from some of music's most defining contemporary artists, such as Freddy Mercury and Meatloaf, the group sees rock opera as not only a way of keeping their show fresh and reaching new audiences, but appealing to the myriad of musical preferences a ten-piece musical act shares.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- Dogs of Vail: This town has gone to the dogs — from hotels to bars, dogs are welcome
- Vail Daily letter: Anti-Trump sign inappropriate for Fourth of July parade