September is library card sign-up month
Ryan Summerlin August 31, 2014
VAIL — September is “Library Card Sign-up Month,” a time when the Vail Public Library joins with the American Library Association and public libraries nationwide to make sure that everyone has the most important card in their wallet, a library card. This valuable little card provides access to many important resources and Vail Public Library has something for everyone! We are here to inform you, entertain you, and inspire you.
Here are 10 ways that Vail Public Library can serve you:
1. Use a free public computer or WiFi seven days a week.
2. Borrow a movie or video game for free!
3. Download free movies, books, music and magazines.
4. Get one-on-one help with your e-reader.
5. Attend one of our many free programs, including concerts, educational presentations, hands-on activities, and much more.
6. Join story time, or stop by the children’s room to play.
7. Schedule an appointment with a coach to use our new 3D printer.
8. Enjoy exhibitions by local artists.
9. Use one of our many online databases to learn a language, draft a will or lease, create a resume, browse consumer reports, and much more.
10. Simply relax by the fireplace on a snowy afternoon.
Throughout the month of September, the library will host a number of activities, including the first-ever referral program. The library is encouraging local residents with a Vail Public Library card to refer another local, with a Colorado Drivers License and Eagle County address, to come in and get a Vail Public Library card. For every new patron you refer, your name will be entered into a drawing to win a Kindle. The drawing will be held on Oct. 1.
Vail Public Library invites you to join our library, alongside other residents, guests and seasonal employees who have already gotten their card and are enjoying its many benefits. Apply for a card today.
For more information on how to sign up for a library card, visit the Vail Public Library in person or visit www.vaillibrary.com.