Sonnenalp Hotel in Vail hosts authentic Oktoberfest Saturday
August 22, 2014
VAIL — Raise your stein and say "Prost!" at the Sonnenalp Oktoberfest, an authentic Bavarian Oktoberfest celebration happening at the Sonnenalp Hotel today from 1 to 9 p.m.
The Sonnenalp is collaborating with Paulaner Munchen, the official beer of Munich's Oktoberfest, to transform the front of the hotel into an authentic German beer hall, bringing the energy and charm of Munich straight into the heart of Vail. Live music from Helmut Fricker, authentic fare from the Swiss Chalet and abundant cheer will be the highlights of the festival.
Getting A Head Start
"We are excited to get a head start on the Oktoberfest season in Vail," said Johannes Faessler, owner of the Sonnenalp Hotel. "It's sure to be a wonderful time for the whole family."
All ages are welcome at the event and there is no cost for admission. Food and beverages will be available a la carte. For more information and to book accommodations, guests may call 970-476-5656 or visit http://www.sonnenalp.com.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Vail Daily letter: A compliment for the community, a critique for the paper
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound reopened between main, East Vail exits
- Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident
- Glenwood commuting challenge mounts for Eagle County residents