The Science Behind Brewing Beer event in Edwards on Wednesday
April 19, 2014
EDWARDS — The Walking Mountains Science Behind series continues this month with the Science Behind Brewing Beer. The event is on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. at Crazy Mountain Brewery in Edwards.
Learn fun facts about beer from the experts, including why fermentation is different in the mountains versus at sea level and how that affects the flavor of beer. The evening will include a tour of the brewery as well as a beer tasting. Crazy Mountain is the Vail Valley's first production brewery. Kevin and Marisa Selvy opened their doors in January of 2010 and have been crafting fine brews ever since. This is a great opportunity to learn the secrets and the science behind their successful brewing techniques.
ABOUT SCIENCE BEHIND SERIES
The Science Behind series of classes highlights useful and fun skills that have underlying scientific principles. Each class provides a hands-on, interactive component with instruction from a local subject matter expert and a Walking Mountains educator. Classes are held once a month at Walking Mountains Science Center in Avon. Spaces are limited; call 970-827-9725 to reserve your spot.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks