The Sessh play in Edwards Friday
August 15, 2013
Local funk band The Sessh released its 11-song CD titled "Anodyne" on July 5 in Vail during the Vail America Days performance and celebration. The band toured southern Colorado to packed venues and is now back in the Vail Valley for an intimate CD release party at Main Street Grill in Edwards tonight at 10 p.m. The show is free.
"Anodyne" was recorded in Eagle at the solar powered Funk Bunker recording studio. The songs are non-exclusively cataloged with Los Angeles based publishing company Silver Side Productions for licensing opportunities. The recording focuses on four different musical styles, including funk, rock, soul and electronica. The CD is layered with a heavy, thick, rich low end sound.
In addition to members Cristian Basso (midi bass), Trevor Jones (guitar) and Jeff Jani (drums), the band welcomes Grammy nominee Jax Paxson (DJ-Scratches), formerly of Liquid Soul, as well as renown saxophonist Pete Wall (The Motet, Particle) to the mix on the "Anodyne" recording. The Sessh has shared the stage with artists Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk, JJ Grey and Mofro, Boom Box, The Pimps of Joytime, Tea Leaf Green, Heavy Pets, Particle and most recently Juno What?!, Dave Jordon and DJ Logic.
For further information, contact Cristian Basso at 970-376-2977
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Eagle, homeowner team up on grant request to tear down Broadway house
- American Airlines will have daily air service from Dallas to Eagle County
- School board says no to Walking Mountains, yes to $510K scholastic app
- Alleged internet predator arrested, jailed for sex with 13-year-old girl
- Hovey & Harrison opening in Edwards, offering meal subscriptions