Tour Diamond S Ranch, east of Eagle, Oct. 5
September 17, 2013
Join the Eagle County Historical Society on Oct. 5 for a unique tour of historical sites on the Diamond S Ranch, located four miles east of Eagle on U.S. Highway 6. This is a private, gated community and the owners have graciously agreed to allow the historical society to offer this one-time tour.
'A rare opportunity'
"This is a rare opportunity to see historical sites that are not generally available to the public," said Kathy Heicher, the president of the Eagle County Historical Society.
The event will feature a tour of Jack Oleson's private museum to view hundreds of artifacts from the early days in Eagle County.
Vans will shuttle visitors up Bellyache Mountain, where they will visit the restored Howe and Cowden homestead cabins, the Wohlgehagan stagecoach stop and the Bellyache School.
Tours will run every 20 minutes from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Cost is $25 and proceeds benefit the Eagle County Historical Society. Allow 2 1/2 hours for the tour. Advance reservations are required.
To make a reservationvisit http://www.eaglecountyhistoricalsociety.com and click on the "Diamond S History Tour" link. Tickets are limited, so make your reservations early. Direct questions to Kathy Heicher at 970-328-7104.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Avon video game store robbed; police searching for suspect
- Two men found dead in El Jebel area; third person taken to hospital
- In improbable scenario, Devils topple Huskies
- Training for Trump: Air Force at Eagle County airport for high altitude flight training
- Dog dollars: Off-leash pets cost taxpayers hundreds of thousands dollars, law enforcement thousands of hours