Tour Diamond S Ranch, east of Eagle, Oct. 5
September 17, 2013
Join the Eagle County Historical Society on Oct. 5 for a unique tour of historical sites on the Diamond S Ranch, located four miles east of Eagle on U.S. Highway 6. This is a private, gated community and the owners have graciously agreed to allow the historical society to offer this one-time tour.
'A rare opportunity'
"This is a rare opportunity to see historical sites that are not generally available to the public," said Kathy Heicher, the president of the Eagle County Historical Society.
The event will feature a tour of Jack Oleson's private museum to view hundreds of artifacts from the early days in Eagle County.
Vans will shuttle visitors up Bellyache Mountain, where they will visit the restored Howe and Cowden homestead cabins, the Wohlgehagan stagecoach stop and the Bellyache School.
Tours will run every 20 minutes from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Cost is $25 and proceeds benefit the Eagle County Historical Society. Allow 2 1/2 hours for the tour. Advance reservations are required.
To make a reservationvisit http://www.eaglecountyhistoricalsociety.com and click on the "Diamond S History Tour" link. Tickets are limited, so make your reservations early. Direct questions to Kathy Heicher at 970-328-7104.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Activewear company Liquido ticketed, faces fines for Hanging Lake conduct
- Vail Valley Foundation announces free concert lineup for Vail and Eagle
- ‘Poop patrol’ aims to fix park waste issue
- Occupants escape car after it goes into Crystal River near Carbondale
- Vail Daily guest column: Dog rescued from shelter now saves humans’ lives