Trunk show at Squash Blossom features designer
March 13, 2014
if you go …
What: Todd Reed personal appearance and trunk show.
When: Personal appearance on Saturday; Trunk show Friday through Sunday. Store hours are 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Saturday, and Sunday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Where: Squash Blossom, Vail.
More information: Visit http://www.squashblossom.com, or call 970-476-3129.
VAIL — Since 1992, Todd Reed's work in raw and natural colored diamonds has challenged the common perception of fine jewelry. His line of natural colored diamond rings created the category in the bridal industry now called "alternative bridal."
"Some people want nature to have the last word on diamonds and others want man to have it," Reed said.
The jewelry designer feels that his earthy colored diamonds have substance and character. A self-taught metalsmith, part of Reeds' aesthetic is to showcase the craftsmanship of his pieces.
He wants to reveal, not hide, the process of his jewelry's creation. One way he achieves this is through his distinctive rough texture using 18-karat gold, palladium and silver.
"Todd Reed's pieces convey a casual elegance," said Katey Jenkins, of the Squash Blossom. "His is the kind of jewelry that can be worn for any occasion, day or night."
The trunk show will be at the store until Sunday evening.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- Man arrested in Aspen after claiming to be ex-NFL player Chad Ochocinco
- Steamboat Springs man dies after bicycle crash near Yampa River Core Trail