Trunk show at Squash Blossom features designer
March 13, 2014
if you go …
What: Todd Reed personal appearance and trunk show.
When: Personal appearance on Saturday; Trunk show Friday through Sunday. Store hours are 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Saturday, and Sunday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Where: Squash Blossom, Vail.
More information: Visit http://www.squashblossom.com, or call 970-476-3129.
VAIL — Since 1992, Todd Reed's work in raw and natural colored diamonds has challenged the common perception of fine jewelry. His line of natural colored diamond rings created the category in the bridal industry now called "alternative bridal."
"Some people want nature to have the last word on diamonds and others want man to have it," Reed said.
The jewelry designer feels that his earthy colored diamonds have substance and character. A self-taught metalsmith, part of Reeds' aesthetic is to showcase the craftsmanship of his pieces.
He wants to reveal, not hide, the process of his jewelry's creation. One way he achieves this is through his distinctive rough texture using 18-karat gold, palladium and silver.
"Todd Reed's pieces convey a casual elegance," said Katey Jenkins, of the Squash Blossom. "His is the kind of jewelry that can be worn for any occasion, day or night."
The trunk show will be at the store until Sunday evening.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past
- Real estate options in Wildridge offer privacy, open space and value (video)
- ‘We’ll be racy’: Vail’s Buddy Lazier is running his 20th Indianapolis 500
- New Eagle City Market compiles positive comments, sales tax numbers