Vail Library presents ‘Women are not Small Men’ with local author Jeannie Thoren
February 2, 2014
if you go …
What: “Women are not Small Men” with Jeannie Thoren.
Where: Vail Public Library, 292 W. Meadow Drive, Vail.
When: 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
More information: Call 970-479-2187, or visit http://www.vaillibrary.com.
VAIL — Guest speaker Jeannie Thoren will share her popular presentation, "Women are not Small Men," and explain its driving philosophy at the town of Vail Public Library this Wednesday for its Evenings of Engagement. Thoren will explain the differences in male and female skeletal structure and how these differences influence one's ability to make a ski perform properly. She will also discuss the evolution of women-specific ski equipment and the need for gender-specific equipment. The most common skiing problems for women are: sitting back, ski tips wander or cross, heels lifting in the boots, cold feet and/or cramping, fatiguing easily and skiing "knock-kneed."
Jeannie Thoren owns and operates Jeannie Thoren Women's Ski Center in Vail with her husband, Tom Haas.
Thoren has also been recognized for her work by Skiing Magazine, North American Snowsport Journalists Association and the Skiing for Women Hall of Fame.
And, of course, men are welcome to attend.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Partially decomposed body found north of Eagle near Burger King
- One dead in apparent ATV crash in retail store parking lot in Gypsum
- Town of Eagle eyes nearly $83,000 total payment to former manager
- Luxury real estate in Beaver Creek to be sold through Instant Gavel auction app
- Breaking: Brush fire reported along Interstate 70 in Avon extinguished