Vail Living Well Forum is Sept. 11-13
August 25, 2014
VAIL — DiscoverWell, the creator and producer of the Vail Living Well Summit, along with the Sonnenalp Hotel, is convening renowned researchers and thought leaders from Stanford, Harvard, MIT and the University of Michigan along with corporate leaders, influencers and philanthropists who are passionate about affecting positive change.
The Vail Living Well Forum on Optimum Health will take place Sept. 11–13 at the Sonnenalp Hotel in Vail. The forum will discuss the latest developments and recent breakthroughs in evidence-based prevention.
NEW PATHS TO LONGEVITY
Combining the collective experience of leaders and leading researchers, the Vail Living Well Forum for Optimum Health provides a rare opportunity for generating new paths to healthy longevity for individuals, the workforce and for society as a whole.
Small-group forum sessions will focus on emerging research in stress, sleep, physical mobility cognitive health, ethics and mindfulness, purpose and new technologies for motivating change. Participants will gain key information for improving the health and sustainability of their spheres of influence, as well as their own improved health and wellbeing.
'BRINGING TOGETHER GREAT MINDS IN HEALTH'
Recommended Stories For You
"By bringing together all of these great minds in health and well-being with participating activators and their global reach, the synergies that emerge can go way beyond what we can even imagine," said Jamie Stone, co-founder and president of DiscoverWell.
The Vail Living Well Forum for Optimum Health is an invite-only event, but the general public is invited to attend live ForumX Talks, featuring four of the world's most innovative and influential speakers on health and wellbeing. On Sept. 12, from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at the Sonnenalp Hotel, ForumX attendees will learn cutting-edge research and action steps they can take to live longer and better lives. The ForumX Talks are free of charge.
Topics and speakers for the ForumX Talks include:
• "The Beauty of the Sleeping Brain" presented by Robert Stickgold, director of Harvard's Center for Sleep and Cognition, associate professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical.
• "Lessons from Psychological and Behavioral Science for Skillful Aging" delivered by Firdhaus Dhabhar, director of research at Stanford Center on stress and health.
• "Living the Good Life: Healthy Aging through Physical Activity" delivered by Anne Friedlander, consulting professor, program in human biology, Stanford University.
"From Pathetic to Podium: Useful Lessons Learned From Falling and Getting Up in a World of 'Perfection'" presented by Paul Wylie, 1992 Olympic Silver Medalist who was inducted into the U.S. Figure Skating Hall of Fame in 2008.
All Vail Living Well programs are produced by DiscoverWell and the Sonnenalp Hotel. For more information, go to http://www.vaillivingwell.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Truck driver dies in fiery Vail Pass crash that closed Interstate 70 for hours Thursday and Friday
- Vail Valley ranchers say they have the only zero-carbon footprint marijuana grow in Colorado
- Letter: What has become of the common bond that brought us to Vail?
- PHOTOS: Our favorite reader images of the Vail Valley’s first snow of the season
- Eagle County Sheriff’s Office identifies 22-year-old arrested in connection with alleged public masturbation