Vail Nature Center offers photography workshops
July 5, 2013
It is a spectacular wildflower year, and every Monday throughout the summer, local photographer Dennis Jones will again lead instructional photography hikes through the Vail Nature Center. This is a wonderful opportunity to explore beautiful parts of Vail and the surrounding mountains with your camera and learn from a professional. Dennis Jones is a master photographer and was named Colorado Photographer of the Year.
Whether you are a serious amateur interested in honing your skills or someone who simply wants to learn the basics of taking better pictures, these classes are for you. No matter what level you shoot on, you will come away with easy techniques guaranteed to help you create better photos.
You will learn the basics of composition and how to create more impact with your images. Can't quite figure out all those dials and what they do? Here is an opportunity to ask someone who knows and will take the time to explain. As light plays a major role in making a photograph successful, you will learn to see light as a photographer sees it. Are you confused about downloading, storing and manipulating your images on your computer? This will be covered as well.
The hikes begin at 8 a.m. every Monday at the Vail Nature Center and last until noon. The cost is $45. For more information and to register, call 970-479-2291 or contact Jones through his website at http://www.dreamcatcherimaging.com. Space is limited.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Eagle County Sheriff’s Office identifies 22-year-old arrested in connection with alleged public masturbation
- UPDATE: Eastbound lanes of Interstate 70 near Vail will close again Friday morning to remove crashed semi
- Arvada woman pleads not guilty in Eagle County crash that killed two of her children
- Colorado police on the hunt for ‘The Mad Pooper’ — aka the poop-and-run jogger
- CDOT begins cleanup of 25-ton rock in Dowd Junction, lane closures expected