Vail Vitality Center’s winter lecture series kicks off Dec. 6
Ryan Summerlin November 30, 2013
Vail Vitality Center winter lecture series schedule
Dec. 6 – March 28
Location: Antlers or Tivoli Lodge (confirm when booking)
• Dec. 6: Nick Edwards talks about “Turn Off the Cruise Control on Your Exercise Routine”: Find your perfect training zones” at 6 p.m.
• Dec. 20: Jeff Jones talks about “Breathing for Life: The anatomy and physiology of breathing” at 6 p.m.
• Dec. 27: Steve Schwartz, D.C. talks about “Allergies and Chronic Inflammation: A modern epidemic in America” at 5:30 p.m.
• Jan. 3: Dr. Jordan D. Metzl said “The Exercise Cure: The science behind the amazing drug called exercise at 5:30 p.m.
• Jan. 10: Dr. Tim Kruse talks about “Hormone Therapy Update: Personalizing wellness for men and women” at 6 p.m.
• Jan. 15: Dr. Scott Brandt talks about “IV Nutrient Therapy: The perfect altitude hangover cure” at 6 p.m.
• Jan. 17: Dr. David Katz talks about “Our Native Diet: Sense, science and bridging the gap” at 6 p.m.
• Jan. 24: Haley Perlus, Ph.D., M.S. talks about “Advanced Mental Toughness Techniques for All Types of Athletes” at 6 p.m.
• Jan. 29: Jacqui Slavin, D.C. talks about “Optimizing Micronutrients and Genetics for Weight Loss and Sports Performance” at 5:30 p.m.
• Jan. 31: Dr. Jeffery Boone talks about “Aggressive Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease“ at 6 p.m.
• Feb. 7 Jeff Olson, RLT, talks about “Human Performance for Improving Quality of Life: An Olympian’s point of view” at 5 p.m. (following the opening ceremony of the Winter Olympics)
• Feb. 12: Dr. Lisa Muncy talks about “GI Health: Survival through your gut” at 5:30 p.m.
• Feb. 21: Dr. Mitra Ray talks about “Ageless Athlete: Experience whole food transformation” at 6 p.m.
• Feb. 26: Mark Pitcher, D.C., M.S., talks about “Foundational Movements to Increase Performance and Reduce Injury” at 5:30 p.m.
• Feb. 28: Iñigo San Millán, Ph.D. talks about metabolic health at 6 p.m.
• March 7: Jacqui Slavin, Steve Schwartz, Dr. Tim Kruse, Dr. Lisa Muncy, Mark Pitcher and Haley Perlus speak as part of the “Vail Vitality Center Doctors Panel: Building Vitality for a Lifetime” at 6 p.m.
• March 14: Haley Perlus, Ph.D., M.S. talks about “How Sport Psychology Tools Can Curb Your Cravings, Boost Your Energy and Keep You Fit and Firm for Life”
at 6 p.m.
• March 21: Dr. Tim Kruse talks about “Concierge Healthcare: Why you can’t afford not to join” at 6 p.m.
• March 28: Dr. Scott Brandt talks about “Tickle Lipo: Look better, recover faster” at 6 p.m.
VAIL — The Vail Vitality Center’s health and wellness team, comprised of top medical professionals, coaches and industry experts, has finalized a four-month-long series of lectures geared specifically to the aging athlete, whether professional, amateur or weekend warrior.
The winter lecture series features 19 unique presentations from 15 health and wellness specialists and medical professionals, addressing all aspects of health and wellbeing. The series begins on Dec. 6 and wraps up on March 28. The Vail Vitality Center also is offering a discounted pass that includes admission to all of the lectures.
“As a collective group of experts in varied fields of medicine and personal health, we’re able to offer an advantage for anyone interested in living a healthier life,” said Jeff Morgan, Vail Vitality Center director. “The Vail Vitality Center’s winter lecture series is perfect for active individuals interested in personal health management, but who have limited time available for research. Each presentation will provide insight, education and expertise on a topic related to maintaining vitality for life.”
Cost for the Vail Vitality Center’s winter lecture series is $20 per lecture or $250 for all 19 sessions; pre-registration is required at least 24 hours prior to each session. For information and pre-registration, contact the Vail Vitality Center at 970-476-7721 or visit www.vailvitalitycenter.com.
Learn more at the Vail Vitality Center Winter Open House celebration on Dec. 5. Meet staff doctors, professionals and fellow members, enjoy cocktails, appetizers, and complimentary treatments, and enter to win health-minded prizes, such as a one-month complimentary Vail Athletic Club membership, a $50 gift card, spa gifts and two complimentary entries for the winter lecture series, among other giveaways. The event takes place at the Vail Vitality Center, located at Vail Mountain Lodge, from 5 to 8 p.m. RSVP by calling 970-476-7960.
The winter lecture series is hosted by the Vail Vitality Center, a program created by the staff at Vail Mountain Lodge, which offers individual diagnostics and guided intensive regimens, tailored group retreat programs and workshop opportunities year-round. For more information, visit www.vailvitalitycenter.com or call 970-476-7721.