What do doctors eat for dinner?
May 10, 2013
Dr. Lisa Muncy's morning smoothie recipe
Each morning, Dr. Lisa Muncy of Vibrant Health of Vail jump starts her day with this delicious smoothie, chock full of berries.
"This smoothie provides super antioxidants and protein to kick-start my morning routine," writes Dr. Lisa Muncy in "What Doctors Eat." "Maca provides vitamins and minerals and is an adaptogen to help support my adrenal system. Cocoa has benefits that include better artery function."
1/2 cup blueberries
1/4 cup raspberries
1/4 cup strawberries
1 cup almond milk,
2 Tablespoons just-ground flax seed
1 teaspoon chia seeds
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon maca powder
2 scoops vegan protein powder (Muncy recommends Thorne VegaLite or Xymogen OptiCleanse GHI Rice)
Blend all ingredients together with a few ice cubes.
Makes: 1 smoothie.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Vail Daily letter: A compliment for the community, a critique for the paper
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound reopened between main, East Vail exits
- Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident
- Glenwood commuting challenge mounts for Eagle County residents