What do doctors eat for dinner?
May 10, 2013
Dr. Lisa Muncy's morning smoothie recipe
Each morning, Dr. Lisa Muncy of Vibrant Health of Vail jump starts her day with this delicious smoothie, chock full of berries.
"This smoothie provides super antioxidants and protein to kick-start my morning routine," writes Dr. Lisa Muncy in "What Doctors Eat." "Maca provides vitamins and minerals and is an adaptogen to help support my adrenal system. Cocoa has benefits that include better artery function."
1/2 cup blueberries
1/4 cup raspberries
1/4 cup strawberries
1 cup almond milk,
2 Tablespoons just-ground flax seed
1 teaspoon chia seeds
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon maca powder
2 scoops vegan protein powder (Muncy recommends Thorne VegaLite or Xymogen OptiCleanse GHI Rice)
Blend all ingredients together with a few ice cubes.
Makes: 1 smoothie.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Twice is nice for Vail Mountain School skiing
- Final report released in fatal Flat Tops avalanche
- VIDEO: Venezuelan Nordic skier dubbed ‘worst skier alive’ competes at World Championships
- Will 2017 be the last year of free Vail summer parking?