Yoga Jam takes place Wednesday
October 15, 2013
If you go …
- What: Yoga Jam; includes yoga, music, prize give-away, Africa Yoga Project Documentary
- Where: Eagle-Vail Pavilion, Eagle-Vail
- When: 5:30-7:30 p.m. Wednesday
- Cost: Suggested donation of $20
- More Information: 970-331-6268 or email href=”mailto:email@example.com” firstname.lastname@example.org
class=”[No paragraph style]”>
Rachel DeLong, Lisa Proulx and Julie Kiddoo are hosting Yoga Jam on Wednesday from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m at the Eagle-Vail Pavilion. The event, which will raise funds for the Africa Yoga Project, will include a showing of the Emmy Award-winning Africa Yoga Project documentary, a fun up-beat yoga class with music and a prize giveaway.
This event supports the Africa Yoga Project, a grassroots nonprofit that is spreading yoga across Kenya, Africa. Currently, the project has 71 employed Kenyan yoga teachers, 300 free classes a week and empowers 5,000 people per week through the practice of yoga. They teach in prisons, schools, special need centers, HIV/AIDS support groups, deaf schools and rural villages.
"While in Kenya with Africa Yoga Project in 2012, I saw the profound impact yoga is having on the communities," DeLong said. "I was blown away by all of the incredible work AYP does with yoga, but also with providing food and service in orphanages, to schools and beyond. AYP is giving possibility to people whose lives seemed hopeless. They find a purpose in teaching and practicing yoga."
DeLong, Proulx and Kiddoo will travel to Kenya in 2014 to be of service through Africa Yoga Project. All money raised will go directing toward the Africa Yoga Project.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Avon video game store robbed; police searching for suspect
- Two men found dead in El Jebel area; third person taken to hospital
- In improbable scenario, Devils topple Huskies
- Training for Trump: Air Force at Eagle County airport for high altitude flight training
- Dog dollars: Off-leash pets cost taxpayers hundreds of thousands dollars, law enforcement thousands of hours