VAIL — Due to adverse weather, the town of Vail is on “accident alert” until further notice. Drivers involved in minor collisions don’t need to call police to the scene, but must report the accident at the Vail Police Department as soon as practical within the next 48 hours.
While minor accidents are exempt, a police response is required for:
• Accidents involving injury, suspected injury or death.
• Accidents involving suspected intoxicated drivers.
• Accidents requiring towing services.
• Hit-and-run accidents involving injury or death.
• Accidents involving city or other governmental vehicles or property.
For more information, go to www.vailgov.com.