DENVER/MOUNTAIN CORRIDOR- The Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) will close I-70 in both directions at Twin Tunnels for rock stabilization at 1 p.m. This work will require a 30-minute closure and motorists traveling in the area should expect delays. Westbound Twin Tunnels crews found the potentially hazardous rock while performing preliminary survey work near the westbound portal earlier today. Crews will work to stabilize the area as quickly as possible in order to reopen the road. This work is necessary to ensure the safety of the traveling public along this well-traveled corridor.
Travel alert: I-70 at Twin Tunnels to close at 1 p.m.
Trending in: Activities & Events
- With the Pennsylvania Ballet, classical meets contemporary
- An instrumental powerhouse makes its Vail debut tonight
- Bill McKay Band performs free show at the Minturn Concert Series Thursday
- Vail dance fest’s UpClose: Jewels performance examines Balanchine’s masterwork
- Rembrandt etchings on display in Lionshead Thursday through Aug. 7