DENVER/MOUNTAIN CORRIDOR- The Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) will close I-70 in both directions at Twin Tunnels for rock stabilization at 1 p.m. This work will require a 30-minute closure and motorists traveling in the area should expect delays. Westbound Twin Tunnels crews found the potentially hazardous rock while performing preliminary survey work near the westbound portal earlier today. Crews will work to stabilize the area as quickly as possible in order to reopen the road. This work is necessary to ensure the safety of the traveling public along this well-traveled corridor.
Travel alert: I-70 at Twin Tunnels to close at 1 p.m.
Trending in: Activities & Events
- Photo: Hiking up Mount Bierstadt
- Rob Drabkin at Maya FAC in Avon Friday
- Friday’s Tasting Tour kicks off Gourmet on Gore festival in Vail
- Top Christian artist Jeremy Camp performs in Vail Sunday
- AC Golden releases Colorado Native IPL in Breckenridge, Summit County