Offseason deals, Part 2: Offseason specials at restaurants in Edwards, Minturn and Vail
October 19, 2016
Did we miss you?
Did we miss your dining special? Email arts and entertainment editor Krista Driscoll at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our restaurant contact list.
Editor's note: This is the second part of a two-part series on offseason dining deals. For a list of deals in Avon, Beaver Creek, Eagle and Eagle-Vail, visit http://www.vaildaily.com.
It's shoulder season, and Eagle County restaurants are showing their appreciation for their local clientele by offering special menus and discounts until the snow flies. Here's the second half of our restraint roundup, as well as closure dates for local eateries so you can plan your next dining excursion.
Please note that inclusion in this article does not guarantee a discount, as restaurant specials are subject to change. Contact individual establishments for more information.
• At Cafe Milano (429 Edwards Access Road, 970-926-4455), buy one dinner entree and get one fee, dine in; must mention special when ordering. The restaurant also has happy hour from 3 to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday with $3 drafts and wells and $5 select wines.
• Delite & Bowl (175 Main St., No. 107, 970-855-0335) will be closed Monday, Oct. 24, through Tuesday, Nov. 1, reopening Wednesday, Nov. 2.
• e|town (295 Main St., 970-926-4080) has daily lunch specials for $7.95 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. through the offseason: Monday is a one-topping pizza and a salad, Wednesday is a Zastrow chicken sandwich and a side item, Thursday is a Santa Fe steak burrito and Friday is lettuce wraps. Monday is rib night starting at 5 p.m., with a half-rack for $12.95 or a full rack for $16.95; Tuesday is burger day all day, with a half-pound, hand-packed Angus beef burger, topped with cheese and served with a side for $7.95; and Wednesday is an all-day fish fry, with beer-battered cod and fries for $11.95.
• Through Sunday, Fiestas Cafe & Cantina (57 Edwards Access Road, 970-926-2121) is celebrating local's appreciation week. Get a 27-cent margarita, commemorating Fiestas 27th year in business, or a free dessert with the purchase of any entree all day long. Also, through November, Tuesdays are $3 enchilada nights; choose from cheese and onion, ground beef or chicken. And every day, get $3 enchiladas to go, with a minimum order of a half-dozen.
• Harvest by Kelly Liken (Sonnenalp Club, 1265 Berry Creek Road, 970-477-5353) is offering 50 percent off bottles of wine with the purchase of an entree. The restaurant also recently introduced Sunday Brunch from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. and happy hour from 5 to 6:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 3 to 6:30 p.m. Sunday.
• Juniper Restaurant (97 Main St., 970-926-7001) is open nightly, with 50 percent off all entrees, dine-in, through Saturday, Oct. 22.
• Main St. Grill (97 Main St., Unit W101, 970-926-2729) serves up two-for-one dinner entrees every Tuesday night. The offer is for dine-in only, and you must mention the special; some restrictions apply. The restaurant also has happy hour from 4 to 6 p.m., with specials on wine, wells and drafts and $6 burgers, tacos and nachos.
• Marko's Pizzeria (57 Edwards Access Road, No. 7, 970-926-7003) serves up $2 16-ounce PBRs and Miller High Life bottles, all day, every day; get 10 percent off your total order, including Marko's gluten-free pizza, if you mention this article.
• Restaurant Mirador at The Lodge and Spa at Cordillera (2205 Cordillera Way, 970-926-2200) has 30 percent off entrees and 30 percent off bottles of wine through the shoulder season.
• Sato (105 Edwards Village Blvd., 970-926-7684) offers a sushi happy hour all night and 30 percent off entrees. The restaurant is open 5 to 9 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 5 to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
• At Smiling Moose Deli (1170 Edwards Village Blvd., 970-926-2400), get a 12-inch Mighty Mo sandwich for $1 more than the 6-inch sandwich every Monday and a free cookie with the purchase of a large sandwich, salad or wrap every Wednesday.
• Every Tuesday, Sundae (56 Edwards Village Blvd., No. 110, 970-766-7522) serves up a small ice cream for $2.
• At The Bookworm of Edwards Cafe (295 Main St., 970-926-7323), Battle Mountain High School students get 10 percent off Monday through Friday from 3 to 5 p.m. with a secret code word obtained at school.
• The East (69 Edwards Access Road, No. 6, 970-926-6628) has a lunch special, with $2 select sushi rolls when you order any lunch item from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and $2 hot sake and bottled beer for happy hour from 3 to 6 p.m.
• Pick your deal at The Gashouse (34185 U.S. Highway 6, 970-926-3613), with 30 percent off dinner entrees, 30 percent of all bottles of wine and a $24.95 combo special with lobster tail, shrimp and Wagyu sirloin or buffalo tenderloin, buffalo sausage and grilled quail. Happy hour runs from 4:30 to 6 p.m. daily, with 30 percent off drinks and appetizers.
• The Rose (97 Main St., Suite W102, 970-855-0141) hosts Tiki Tuesdays starting at 4 p.m., with discounted tiki-style rum drinks. The restaurant is closed Tuesday, Nov. 1, through Tuesday, Nov. 15, reopening Wednesday, Nov. 16, with a winter menu.
• Vista at Arrowhead (676 Sawatch Drive, 970-926-2111) is closed, reopening Mondays through Saturdays beginning Monday, Dec. 12, with dinner service from 5 to 9 p.m. with Mickey Pogue on the piano.
• Zino Ristorante (27 Main St., 970-926-0777) has two courses for $31 on select menu items and 25 percent off select bottles of wine. The restaurant is closed Mondays.
• Kirby Cosmo's BBQ Bar (474 Main St., 970-827-9027) hosts wing night on Mondays, with 50-cent wings from 5 to 8 p.m. (dine-in only, must order in quantities of four), and Tuesday nights are buck-a-bone night, with barbecue ribs for $1 each (dine-in only, no limitations on quantities). Both specials run through December. The restaurant also serves $2.50 16-ounce Bud and Bud Light tall boys and $15 bottomless Bloody Marys and mimosas during NFL games on Sundays.
• The Minturn Country Club (131 Main St., 970-827-4114) is offering 50 percent off entrees with the purchase of a bottle of wine; must mention the special, and it's not valid with any other deals. Maximum of four entrees per bottle of wine.
• At Sticky Fingers Cafe & Bakery (132 Main St., 970-827-5353) get soup, a sandwich and a fountain drink for $12.50 through Friday, Nov. 18.
• The Minturn Saloon (146 Main St., 970-827-5954) has a slew of offseason specials, including Bruce's Big Angus Burger with fries and a draft beer, $12; ahi or mahi mahi fish taco and a draft beer, $12; or a Mexican plate with choice of enchilada, relleno or chimichanga with rice and beans and a draft beer, $12. The restaurant also has a locals' deal: order two entrees and get an appetizer and half-liter of house margarita free, and all-you-can-eat barbecue ribs for $19.95. In the bar, it's happy hour all night with $2 pints of Coors Light, Miller High Life, Heineken and Amstel Light; $4 craft beer pints, $5.50 house margaritas and $2.75 tacos, your choice.
Vail (Vail Village)
• Bol at Solaris (141 E. Meadow Drive, No. 113, 970-476-5300) is offering 25 percent off the entire bill (tomahawk steak not included) through opening week of Vail Mountain.
• Bully Ranch at the Sonnenalp Hotel (20 Vail Road, 970-476-5656) has two happy hours every day, from 2 to 5 p.m. and 9 to 11 p.m. (late night at the bar only), with $4.50 mudslides, $4 draft beer, $5 glasses of select wines and $5 well drinks, plus $3 fish tacos, $1 wings and $6 truffle tots. Wednesdays mean live music, $4 Bonfire beers and half off appetizers from 5 to 8 p.m., on Saturdays, there's a prime rib special all day for $25, and on Sundays, the Bully has a $19 short rib special all day. All day, every day, get 20 percent off the entire bill, exclusive of happy hour and the above-mentioned specials.
• Campo de Fiori (100 E. Meadow Drive, No. 24, 970-476-8994) is offering 25 percent off the entire dinner menu, not including drinks. The restaurant is closed Sunday, Oct. 23, through Thursday, Nov. 17, reopening Friday, Nov. 18.
• Cucina Rustica in The Lodge at Vail (174 Gore Creek Drive, 970-754-7872) is closed, reopening for the winter season on Tuesday, Nov. 15.
• Elway's Vail in The Lodge at Vail (174 Gore Creek Drive, 970-754-7818) has three prix fixe menu options for the shoulder season. The first is a two-course meal with choice between two entrees, plus soup or salad, for $41; for $51, get three courses, with choice of appetizer, limited entrée selection, sides and dessert; or for $61, get the premium three-course menu, with appetizer, any choice of entrée from the full menu and dessert.
• Flame in the Four Seasons Vail (1 Vail Road, 970-477-8650) is offering Sir Loins' Tango, a dinner for two for $81.50, which includes one appetizer to share, two entrees and a choice of side. Flame is open every day for breakfast from 7 to 11 a.m. and open for dinner on Friday and Saturday from 6 to 9:30 p.m. through Thursday, Nov. 17, when regular hours resume.
• La Bottega (100 E. Meadow Drive, No. 37, 970-476-0280) is closed, reopening Thursday, Nov. 17.
• At La Tour Restaurant (122 E. Meadow Drive, 970-476-4403), all dinner entrees are $25; the restaurant also is offering a lunch special, with one small plate and one lunch entree for $20.
• Larkspur Restaurant (458 Vail Valley Drive, 970-754-8050) is closed, reopening for lunch Friday, Dec. 2, and for dinner Friday, Dec. 9.
• Leonora at The Sebastian Hotel (16 Vail Road, 970-477-8050) is closed, reopening in early December. Dinner is served daily at Frost Bar from 4 to 10 p.m.
• Ludwig's at the Sonnenalp Hotel (20 Vail Road, 970-476-5656) is offering its signature breakfast buffet, regularly priced at $32, for $21.
• Osaki's Sushi & Japanese (100 E. Meadow Drive, 970-476-0977) is open Thursday through Sunday from 5:30 to 9 p.m. serving a limited menu, with everything 25 percent off.
• Pazzo's Pizzeria (122 E. Meadow Drive, No. 9, 970-476-9026) will be open every day through the shoulder season. Clip the coupon from the Sunday and Monday editions of the Vail Daily to get an 18-inch, three-topping pizza for $13.50.
• Root & Flower (225 Wall St., No. 103A, 970-763-5101) will be expanding its selection of wine glasses for $12 or less through the offseason.
• Russell's (228 Bridge St., 970-476-6700) is closed, reopening Thursday, Nov. 17• The Swiss Chalet at the Sonnenalp Hotel (20 Vail Road, 970-476-5656) is serving a two-course special, with choice of either an appetizer and entrée or entrée and dessert, for $32. The restaurant also has happy hour from 5 to 6 p.m. daily, with food and wine specials.
• Terra Bistro (352 E. Meadow Drive, 970-476-6836) is taking 50 percent off entrees until Wednesday, Nov. 23.
• The Fitz Bar & Restaurant at Manor Vail Lodge (595 Vail Valley Drive, 970-476-5000) is serving a $12 menu through the shoulder season, with 10 items to choose from, including a beet salad with Colorado beets, Haystack goat cheese and oregano vinaigrette, $10; Brussels sprouts with pancetta, shishito peppers and balsamic, $9; The Fitz burger with bacon jam, aged white cheddar and heirloom tomato on a pretzel bun with house-cut fries, $12; and the buttermilk-fried Boulder chicken sandwich with jalapeno slaw on a brioche bun with fries.
• The Remedy Bar in the Four Seasons Resort Vail (1 Vail Road, 970-477-8600) hosts a daily happy hour from 4 to 6 p.m., with 50 percent off draft beers and wines by the glass. The bar also features daily "remedies," such as $10 Remedy burgers on Mondays, $15 all-you-can-eat wings on Thursdays and 50 percent off Bloody Marys and mimosas on Sundays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Up the Creek Bar & Grill (223 Gore Creek Drive, No. 103, 970-476-8141) is closed, reopening Friday, Nov. 17.
• Vendetta's (291 Bridge St., 970-476-5070) is serving a limited offseason dinner menu, with all items less than $15. The restaurant will be closed Monday, Nov. 7, through Thursday, Nov. 10.
Vail (Lionshead Village)
• Altitude Bar & Grill in the Evergreen Lodge (250 South Frontage Road W., 970-476-7810) has a locals' mug club special, where $50 gets you a mug and discounts on draft beer, well drinks and food. Other specials include a bacon burger and domestic draft for $10 every Friday and 50 cent wings and free games of pool on Tuesdays.
• Blue Moose Pizza (675 Lionshead Place, 970-476-8666) is continuing its slice card promotion through Monday, Oct. 31. If you purchased a 10-slice card during Vail Beaver Creek Restaurant Week, it will be valid until that date. The restaurant also serves up a two-topping slice of pizza and a soda for $5 all day, every day, and happy hour from 3 to 5 p.m., with $4 mini pizza sliders (choice of pepperoni, cheese or buffalo chicken); $4 craft beer flights with New Belgium Fat Tire, Bonfire Brewery Firestarter IPA and Crazy Mountain Amber Ale; or a slider and beer flight combo for $6.
• El Sabor Restaurant at Lions Square Lodge (660 Lionshead Place, 970-477-4410) is closed, reopening mid-November.
• Garfinkel's (536 E. Lionshead Circle, 970-476-3789) has fall football specials, with $3 Coors Light, Blue Moon and Colorado Native and $9 sliders during football games.
• Green Elephant Juicery (616 W, Lionshead Circle, No. 206, 970-470-4206) is closed until ski season.
• Montauk Seafood Grill (549 E. Lionshead Circle, 970-476-2601) is offering 20 percent off all food and drinks, all night long. Dinner reservations run from 6 to 9 p.m.
• Tavern on the Square (675 Lionshead Place, 970-754-7704) has happy hour from 3 to 6 p.m. every day, with $4 draft beers, $6 house wine and $6 well cocktails.
• The Little Diner (616 W. Lionshead Circle, 970-476-4279) is closed, reopening Friday, Nov. 18.
• Vail Chophouse (675 W. Lionshead Circle, 970-477-0555) is closed, reopening Wednesday, Nov. 16.
• Blu's Restaurant (4695 Vail Racquet Club Drive, 970-476-3113) in East Vail is offering two courses for $20, with live music from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. every Friday and Saturday. The restaurant is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
• Casa Mexico (2211 North Frontage Road W., 970-479-9000) has happy hour Monday through Thursday from 3 to 5:30 p.m., with two-for-one margaritas and $1.50 crispy tacos, plus an additional rotating daily drink special.
Trending In: Food & Drink
- Avon video game store robbed; police searching for suspect
- Two men found dead in El Jebel area; third person taken to hospital
- In improbable scenario, Devils topple Huskies
- Training for Trump: Air Force at Eagle County airport for high altitude flight training
- Dog dollars: Off-leash pets cost taxpayers hundreds of thousands dollars, law enforcement thousands of hours