The two greatest female alpine ski racers of all time came together in Vail this weekend for the American Ski Classic as Austria’s Annemarie Moser-Proell and U.S. Ski Team star Lindsey Vonn had the first opportunity to ever sit down together for a chat. The dominant force in women’s skiing in the 1970s, Moser-Proell was in Vail for her induction into the International Ski Racing Hall of Fame as the 2014 Legend of Honor, while Vonn is rehabbing the knee she re-injured earlier this winter. The most successful female skier in history, Moser-Proell owns 62 career World Cup victories, three more than Vonn, who sits at 59.
- Crazy Mountain Brewing to sponsor Hot Summer Nights
- Vail Daily obituary: Thomas Stevens Atkinson, 1963-2015
- Campout for the Cause ushers in the season with modern folk music, yoga and SUP
- Beaver Creek hosts live music, barbecue during annual Blues, Brews & BBQ fest
- Ramunno Field named in Eagle for longtime coach