Plan your week with these upcoming Vail Valley activities
July 17, 2017
Want to help readers plan their week? Email Ross Leonhart at email@example.com.
Monday, July 17
Meet governor candidate — Mike Johnston, a Vail native and Colorado governor candidate, is coming back to Eagle County. Join Johnston, Senator Kerry Donovan and fellow community members at a meet-and-greet at Vail Brewing Co. in Eagle-Vail from 5 to 6 p.m. Meet the potential governor to learn about his values, his vision for Colorado and why he's running for governor.
Tuesday, July 18
Recommended Stories For You
Hike Through History — Join Walking Mountains and the Eagle County Historical Society as they take guests to one of Eagle County's most historic living landmarks. Experts from the Historical Society will be on hand to tell the stories of Fulford's colorful and lucrative past and guides from Walking Mountains are prepared to lead visitors on short hikes in the area to old mining hot spots and wildflower meadows. The Hike Through History is from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Visit http://www.walkingmountains.org.
Star Dancing Gala — This event at 5:30 p.m. features dance performances by notable locals and professional dancers, each performing to a different genre of dance. All proceeds from the event will benefit YouthPower365's many programs and services. This year will feature the theme of Dr. Seuss' "Oh, The Places We'll Go." Visit http://www.vvf.org.
Wednesday, July 19
Welcome the new Postmaster — The public is invited to the official installation and swearing-in ceremony for new Eagle Postmaster Samuel Wittner at 1 p.m. The ceremony will be held at the Eagle Post Office, located at 264 Chambers Ave. in Eagle. Refreshments will be served.
Thursday, July 20
Music and movies — As part of the free Minturn Concert Series, Primal J and the Neanderthals take the stage at Little Beach Park prior to the Blue Starlight Drive-In movie showing of "Footloose." Visit http://www.minturncommunityfund.org.
Friday, July 21
Celebration of Life Luncheon — The Vail Breast Cancer Awareness Group welcomes Lee Woodruff as the featured speaker at its 23rdd Celebration of Life luncheon to be held at the Vail Marriott Mountain Resort and Spa. Tickets are $125 per person. To make a reservation or to reserve a table, call, 970-479-8595 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- Forget about October, Eagle celebrates Septemberfest this weekend
- Taste of Vail hosts new Fall Wine & Food Classic this weekend, Sept. 22-23
- Hike to the Mic features Elvis Costello at 10,000 feet at Beaver Creek
- Iron Fly fly-tying competition set for Sept. 21 at Minturn Saloon
- Vail Daily Review: Zoppe Family Circus was an example of the new ‘big top’ model in America
- Eagle County Sheriff’s Office: Man arrested after report of masturbation in Miller Ranch Open Space in Edwards
- American Airlines to start all-year, daily service from Dallas-Fort Worth to Eagle County’s airport
- Arvada woman pleads not guilty in Eagle County crash that killed two of her children
- Speed limits on I-70 through Glenwood Canyon could go as low as 30 mph with new technology
- Relatives identify Fort Collins family killed in plane crash north of Glenwood Springs