Wyld at The Ritz hires new executive sous chef, Aaron Baxendale
March 24, 2017
BEAVER CREEK — The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch recently welcomed Aaron Baxendale as executive sous chef of Wyld, the resort's new signature restaurant. Baxendale brings more than 12 years of experience and a passion for embracing local flavors in his cooking.
A Cleveland native, Baxendale began his culinary career at Le Cordon Bleu at the Pennsylvania Culinary Institute, followed by the American Culinary Federation accredited three-year apprenticeship program.
His formal training led him to work in some of the finest restaurants in the country, including five years at The Greenbrier resort in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia; two years at The Boathouse Club on Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts; and four years with Marriott International and The Ritz-Carlton.
Simple yet bold flavors
During his first few weeks at The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch, Baxendale has channeled his gastronomic approach of using simple yet bold flavors into the dishes he makes at Wyld, which pay homage to the resort's location rooted in nature.
"I believe that quality ingredients speak for themselves, and using products from local farms and purveyors is key when it comes to making delicious food," Baxendale said. "A hamburger should delight the senses and leave a lasting impression just as much as a nine-course menu, and I'm excited for the opportunity to harness that philosophy at Wyld."
Recommended Stories For You
Wyld features an eclectic menu and refined mountain classics with a strong emphasis on locally sourced and sustainable meats, seafood and seasonal vegetables.
Signature dishes include open-face lamb dip with shaved Colorado lamb, horseradish cream, crispy onion, and au jus; toasted grilled cheese with Haystack chili jack, vacherin and fontina cheeses paired with a tomato soup shooter; Niman Ranch pork bruschetta with lardo and Colorado wildflower honey and more.
For more information on The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch, visit http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotels/colorado/bachelor-gulch.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- Theater review: ‘In the Heights’ in the ’burbs
- Forget about October, Eagle celebrates Septemberfest this weekend
- Iron Fly fly-tying competition set for Sept. 21 at Minturn Saloon
- Slow Fashion Vail celebrates sustainable fashion in streets of Vail Sept. 22-23
- Hike to the Mic brings together generations at Beaver Creek
- Truck driver dies in fiery Vail Pass crash that closed Interstate 70 for hours Thursday and Friday
- Eagle County Sheriff’s Office identifies 22-year-old arrested in connection with alleged public masturbation
- Cost is in on Ben Harper’s Avon concert: a loss of $68K
- Eagle bike/motorcycle accident detailed in Crime Stoppers alert resolved
- Letter: No luck with customer service at USPS in Vail