Around 6 p.m. on Saturday evening, a raft capsized while floating near Eagle-Vail. At first only five members of the rafting party were accounted for but within the hour, the three missing members of the party were found. No injuries were sustained. What caused the raft to capsize remains unknown at this time, however authorities said that this serves as a warning for people wanting to participate in early season water activites. Always check the river water levels before you decide to float, fish or raft or participate in any other river-related recreational endeavors.
- Restore, Rejuvenate & Reiki Heart Opening Workshop at Synergy is Dec. 12
- Eagle loses second leader with resignation of town engineer
- Winners crowned in Beaver Creek's annual Opening Day cookie competition
- Thanksgiving brings visitors to Vail
- Eisenhower-Johnson Memorial Tunnel featured in local documentary