Around 6 p.m. on Saturday evening, a raft capsized while floating near Eagle-Vail. At first only five members of the rafting party were accounted for but within the hour, the three missing members of the party were found. No injuries were sustained. What caused the raft to capsize remains unknown at this time, however authorities said that this serves as a warning for people wanting to participate in early season water activites. Always check the river water levels before you decide to float, fish or raft or participate in any other river-related recreational endeavors.
Rafters rescued from river
Trending in: News
- Vail Valley Medical Center partners with Anthem for new health care plan
- Experts: Resort party culture promotes drug, alcohol use
- Suicide in the mountains: Communities work to reduce the stigma
- Substance abuse a more serious issue in Eagle County than many realize
- Vail Daily travel feature: A center of Piemonte gastronomy