Daily staff report
newsroom@vaildaily.com

Back to: News
August 8, 2014
Follow News

Firefighters respond to Minturn fire

MINTURN — Firefighters doused a small fire smoldering in the crawl space of a trailer home Thursday.

The Eagle River Fire Protection District rolled out just after 1 p.m., when the owner called 911. The fire started when insulation fell into an area where leaky pipes were being soldered.

Foam was used to suppress the flames, which were mostly confined to underneath the trailer.

The trailer home is near the Eagle River on the south end of Minturn. Neighbors formed a “bucket brigade” from the river, keeping the fire in check until a fire engine arrived from Avon, which helped to keep the fire from spreading.

The Eagle River Fire Protection District’s Minturn engine was already responding to a report of a gas leak at the north end of town.

The trailer was being remodeled, so it was empty at the time of the fire.

The Eagle County Sheriff’s Office, Eagle County Paramedic Services, town of Minturn, Vail Public Safety Communications Center, Vail Fire Department and Greater Eagle Fire Protection District also assisted in the incident.


Explore Related Articles

The VailDaily Updated Aug 8, 2014 08:15PM Published Aug 8, 2014 07:33PM Copyright 2014 The VailDaily. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.