A tractor-trailer rig carrying frozen food on westbound Interstate 70 Thursday afternoon caught fire, engulfing the trailer in flames and temporarily closing the highway in both directions due to heavy smoke. Vail Fire Department Lt. Jim Rabidue said the rig’s brakes overheated, sparking a fire in the trailer. The driver was able to stop the rig and separate the truck from the trailer, which was a total loss. Rabidue said there were no injuries, and no fuel spilled from the truck, but westbound traffic was backed up for some time due to the fire.
- Soaking in the cannabis: What topical THC products can do for you
- Rent-by-owner units to be licensed for tax purposes
- Sonnenalp to host two nation houses during Championships
- American racers go for glory at World Championships
- Ski Club Vail honorees: Levy, Ellefson helped establish tradition of excellence