EAGLE COUNTY — The Vail Valley Partnership has announced the top-three finalists in a total of 11 categories for the 11th annual Success Awards. New to this year’s Success Awards categories are Best Place to Work, Health & Wellness Leadership Award, Hospitality Professional of the Year and special recognition of an individual member by the Partnership’s Board of Governors. The 11th annual Success Awards ceremony will take place Jan. 31 at the Vilar Performing Arts Center in Beaver Creek.
Previously nominated by their peers in the business community, all of the finalists, excluding the Member of the Year, Platinum Service Program winner and special recognition by the Partnership’s Board of Governors, were ultimately selected by the Success Awards Committee, a group comprised of last year’s Success Awards winners.
The Member of the Year, chosen by Partnership staff, will be announced at the next After-Hours Business Mixer on Wednesday at Vail Spa Condominiums.
“There is great positive momentum within the Vail Valley business community as reflected by more than 120 nominations, from individuals to nonprofits to businesses. The award finalists represent a great cross-section of our community, all of which make a strong positive impact on Eagle County. It is finalists like these that make Eagle County such a wonderful place to live, work and play,” said Chris Romer, president and CEO of the Vail Valley Partnership.
The finalists are:
• Business of the Year: Colorado Mountain Express, Group970, New Electric.
• Small Business of the Year: Active Energies, All Mountain Technologies, Bonfire Brewery.
• Spirit of the Valley Award: Joel Rabinowitz, Vail Recreation District; Walking Mountains Science Center; Wendy Rimel, Education Foundation of Eagle County.
• Young Professional of the Year: Scott Conklin, Eagle Valley Land Trust; Michael Holton, Vail Valley Medical Center; Coen Wijdicks, Steadman Philippon Research Institute.
• Nonprofit of the Year: Habitat for Humanity of Eagle and Lake Counties, Ski & Snowboard Club Vail, SOS Outreach.
• Small Nonprofit of the Year: Eagle River Watershed Council, Red Ribbon Project, Starting Hearts.
• Most Uniquely Vail Valley: Crazy Mountain Brewing Company, Turtle Bus and Turtle Tubing, Weston Snowboards.
• Best Place to Work: Eagle County Government, R.A. Nelson & Associates Inc., Sonnenalp Hotel.
• Health & Wellness Leadership Award: Eagle County government, Sonnenalp Hotel, town of Vail.
• Hospitality Professional of the Year: Chris Irving, Eat!Drink!; Magda King, Antlers at Vail Condominiums and Conference Center; Sue TerBush, Alpine Party Rentals.
• Industry/Merchant Association of the Year: Eagle Chamber of Commerce, Gypsum Chamber of Commerce, Vail Chamber & Business Association.
• Customer Service Award Winner: Alpine Wine & Spirits.
For more information about the Vail Valley Partnership’s Success Awards, go to www.vailvalleypartnership.com, call Jennifer Weintraub at 970-477-4001 or email jweintraub@visitvail valley.com.