WOLCOTT — Colorado Department of Transportation crews worked to clear a mudslide on Interstate 70 near Wolcott on Tuesday. The slide occurred just after 7 p.m. on Tuesday, closing both westbound lanes on I-70. The eastbound lanes remained open. Traffic was rerouted to U.S. Highway 6 between Wolcott and Eagle. About 300 vehicles got stuck in the slide, and CDOT crews removed the last vehicle at about 9 p.m., according to Tracy Trulove, communication manager for CDOT. The road was still closed at 9 p.m. Tuesday evening, and Trulove said the crews expect to reopen the road at about midnight.
- Beaver Creek to open Wednesday with 720 acres
- Restore, Rejuvenate & Reiki Heart Opening Workshop at Synergy is Dec. 12
- Laura Anzalone opens Soul Spa Studio in Eagle, with nourishment for skin and soul
- Vail's Vintage restaurant offers French brasserie coziness, with brunch and late-night bites
- Beaver Creek has record opening