VAIL — Street sweeping operations are under way in Vail and will continue through May 31.
Crews will be working eight hours each day, five days a week to complete the sweeping which includes curbside cinder pick up.
Residents are asked to rake the cinders from their yards into the right-of-way and to call the public works department at 970-479-2158 when ready for pick up, then allow a few days for completion.
The cinder pickup schedule is as follows:
• Mondays: Vail Village, Lionshead and Sandstone district from Spraddle Creek to Buffehr Creek.
• Tuesdays: West Vail North district from Buffehr Creek to northwest end.
• Wednesdays: West Vail South district from West Forest Road to Intermountain.
• Thursdays: East Vail district from Golf Course to end of East Vail.
• Fridays: Vail Village, Lionshead, Frontage Roads and roundabouts.
Also, watch for details on additional spring cleaning activities, including the annual town of Vail community clean up day on May 17.
For more information, contact Kristen Bertuglia, the town’s environmental sustainability coordinator, at 970-477-3455.