Antlers Lodge accepted into ‘GreenLeaders’ program
April 24, 2014
VAIL — The Antlers at Vail hotel has been accepted as a Silver level “GreenLeader” in the new TripAdvisor GreenLeaders program — one of only two Vail properties to achieve that status. The program helps travelers plan greener trips by identifying environmentally friendly accommodations across the U.S. In addition to its TripAdvisor honor, the Antlers also is one of the first Vail hotels to earn “Actively Green by 2015” status as designated by Sustainable Travel International.
Actively Going Green
While the recent green news isn’t a first for the Antlers, which was named Vail Valley Partnership’s Green Business of the Year several years ago, the new honors are meaningful for the hotel “because they acknowledge our continuing attention to environmentally friendly efforts,” said Rob LeVine, general manager. “Our whole team enjoys brainstorming additional ways to save energy and reduce our impact on the planet, and we continue to implement ideas as they’re suggested. We also have been active in supporting the Vail community’s emphasis on going green — including acting as a sponsor of the town of Vail’s portable solar VoltsWagon.”
Regular part of business
From being a Vail Valley leader in converting wood-burning fireplaces to gas more than 20 years ago to installing an environmentally friendly laundry that’s one of the greenest in the area to smaller efforts such as using refillable amenities containers in all of its suites, the Antlers has made green practices a regular part of doing business. Other eco-friendly initiatives include a highway cleanup day that guests can help with for a free overnight stay, free bus passes for employees, hotel-wide recycling, purchasing supplies with recyclable content, new smart landscape sprinkler timers with moisture sensors, investment in solar panels and wind power, participation in the town of Vail’s Sole Power program and much more. For information about the Antlers at Vail’s many green practices, visit the Green Efforts page on the Antlers website, www.antlersvail.com.
Trending In: Announcements
- New Edwards consignment shop offers gently used and brand new kids clothing and gear
- Vail Symposium speaker discusses multidisciplinary approach to dementia, Dec. 1
- Colorado liquor delivery service launches new app
- Vacation rental firm boasts representation in Vail Valley
- Westin names food and beverage boss
- Can Cottonwood Pass ever be a viable detour when I-70 though Glenwood Canyon is closed?
- Vail opens Back Bowls, bringing terrain to 1,285 acres
- Woman bought gun shortly before she was found dead with sons
- Couple’s Fulford cabin is port in the wilderness
- The Bookworm of Edwards staff chooses best books of 2016