Avon Road project to begin May 6
May 6, 2014
AVON — Starting May 6 and continuing through June 7, the town of Avon will be milling and paving Avon Road between Highway 6 and Nottingham Road. Also included with the project is replacement of several concrete sidewalk ramps and damaged curb and gutter. A widened crosswalk will be constructed across Avon Road replacing the existing crosswalk just north of the Benchmark Road roundabout. The Avon Road Asphalt Overlay Project will take approximately four weeks to complete and will be performed by Elam Construction on behalf of the town.
Asphalt milling work will be performed at night between the hours of 6 p.m. and 6 a.m., beginning the evening of May 6 and completed in approximately four days. Concrete replacement work and asphalt paving will be performed during the day between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. with work crews taking a break between 4:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. to accommodate heavier afternoon traffic. Single lane closures will be in effect in immediate work areas throughout the day and traffic control will be provided at all times during the construction hours to direct motorists and pedestrians.
Call Jim Horsley with the Town of Avon Engineering Department at 748-4134 if you have any questions concerning this work.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Jury duty both frustrates and fulfills would-be jurors in Eagle County
- Beaver Creek upgrades beginner lift — at highest point of mountain
- Riders turn out for Colorado-Eagle River Ride