Awards program honors Eagle County first responders
August 12, 2014
EAGLE COUNTY — Eagle County Rotary Clubs of Eagle, Edwards and Vail, in conjunction with the Eagle County Public Safety Council, are sponsoring a new awards program to honor Eagle County's first responders. The program was created to provide an opportunity for the men and women in public safety to be recognized for outstanding service to their communities and contributions to their profession. The winners will be recognized at an awards ceremony on Sept. 11 at Manor Vail.
The public is invited to attend; tickets are $45 and include dinner. Cocktails start at 5:30 p.m., with dinner at 6:30 p.m. and the awards ceremony at 7 p.m.
Nominations are also being solicited from residents to recognize outstanding public safety professionals, whether serving in career or volunteer capacities, including sworn law enforcement, fire, emergency medical services personnel and non-sworn public safety personnel.
These categories are not intended to recognize employees for merely "doing a good job" or responding to a call, but to recognize employees who actually go beyond the ordinary to protect Eagle County's residents and property, or who contribute significantly to the public safety profession. Nominations may be made for the following categories:
• Medal of Valor
• First Responder of the Year
• Distinguished Service Award
• Leadership Award Business Partnership Award
Recipients may be selected from each of the following public safety groups:
• Municipal, county and state law enforcement
• Fire service
• Emergency medical service
• Search and rescue
• Ski patrol
Nominations must be submitted on the official nomination form. Please limit nominations to approximately 500 words. Attachments such as articles, brochures, photos, etc., are encouraged.
Completed nomination forms must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Friday. For questions, to request a nomination form or to RSVP for the event, contact Joe Peplinski at 970-376-1635 or josephpeplinski@ comcast.net. Nomination forms may be submitted via email, regular mail to PO Box 397, Vail, CO 81658 or via fax to 970-845-9309.
Trending In: Announcements
- Eagle, homeowner team up on grant request to tear down Broadway house
- American Airlines will have daily air service from Dallas to Eagle County
- School board says no to Walking Mountains, yes to $510K scholastic app
- Alleged internet predator arrested, jailed for sex with 13-year-old girl
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion