Beck partners with Habitat for building blitz
June 17, 2015
AVON — Beck Building Co. will join nearly 65 Blitz Home Builder volunteers from across the country, along with local community volunteers, to construct two duplexes (four homes) from foundations through exterior completion in eight days in July.
"We all need to do our part to continue to find ways to provide affordable housing in the Vail Valley. We have always supported Habitat for Humanity and this opportunity is a build on steroids," said Beck Building Co. President Kevin O'Donnell. "As builders, we know firsthand how much a home changes lives."
Habitat Vail Valley is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year, and a volunteer crew from Beck Building has built on nearly all of the 56 Habitat homes constructed in the community since 1995. Beck's involvement goes beyond the Vail Valley with staff recently involved in a home build in New Orleans. The blitz build will take place July 23 – 31 at Stratton Flats in Gypsum. The volunteers for this event offer a wealth of experience and very skilled leadership for an event such as this.
"We are excited to partner with Beck Building Co. on our 20th anniversary Blitz Build," said Habitat Vail Valley's Executive Director John Welaj. "We are grateful for Beck's eagerness to lend their professional building skills and expertise to a project of this scope and scale."
To support the blitz build, go to habitatvailvalley.org or call 970-748-6718.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Gypsum woman hangs herself at Garfield County Jail in Glenwood Springs
- Teen who fell from Hotel Colorado balcony regains consciousness but condition still ‘extremely critical,’ her mom says
- Jury acquits Leadville woman on drug distribution, weapons charges
- Vail Resorts executive leaves for new role at Steamboat Ski Area
- Vail celebrates opening of new $30.1M underpass to link North, South frontage roads