Dowd recreation trail set to open for season by Friday
April 16, 2014
VAIL — The Dowd Junction recreation trail will reopen for the season by Friday, if weather conditions allow. Opening the trail requires the installation of a wildlife protection screen, which allows for continued use of the trail during the deer migration season.
The recreation trail from Sunburst Drive to East Vail will be plowed open by April 25. Other sections of recreation trails within Vail that are not maintained in winter will reopen as conditions allow, with all paved trails expected to be cleared and open by April 30.
For more information, contact Gregg Barrie at the town of Vail Public Works Department at 970-479-2337. For countywide ECO Trails updates, go to http://www.eagle county.us/Trails/News/.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Vail Valley Foundation announces free concert lineup for Vail and Eagle
- Hanging Lake emergencies consuming Glenwood Fire Department resources
- Vail Daily guest column: Dog rescued from shelter now saves humans’ lives
- Crisis actor allegedly refers to himself as ‘God’ after DUI arrest in Aspen
- Vail Resorts, Summit County at odds over deal for new apartment project