Eagle County receives recycling rebate
April 24, 2014
EAGLE COUNTY — Eagle County Solid Waste and Recycling has been awarded a $7,000 rebate from The Colorado Pollution Prevention Advisory Board for operating free public recycling drop-off sites within the county. The rebate will fund the upgrade, maintenance, and relocation of the free public drop sites.
Since the opening of the Materials Recycling Facility in January of 2010, Eagle County has received over $27,000 in state rebates. Rebate amounts are based on tons recycled, miles traveled for each recycled material and the total number of eligible drop-off sites in operation. With the opportunity to apply every six months, Eagle County plans to utilize future state rebate opportunities to continue to improve the operation of free public recycle sites.
Solid Waste and Recycling is reminding users to ensure that materials are placed in the appropriate container. Each container is clearly labeled.
To learn more about recycling sites in Eagle County, contact Jesse Masten at 970-328-3472 or visit http://www.eaglecounty.us/recyclingwaste/.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ reality show, ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Letter: Elimination of Vail Health pediatric doctors will impact children of valley
- Second rash of West Vail thieves hit at least seven unlocked vehicles
- Eagle County approves Edwards area, 120-unit 6 West Apartments plan
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his last lift ride