Eagle County’s Rotary Clubs award scholarships
June 13, 2014
EAGLE COUNTY — The Rotary clubs of Edwards and Vail recently announced that they have awarded $26,500 to 21 seniors and two returning college students. All six local high schools had at least one award winner. Vail Rotary club established the first scholarship program in the Vail Valley.
"The process of selecting Rotary's scholarship winners is very rewarding and encouraging," said Michael Glass, chairperson of the Vail Rotary scholarship committee. "All of the applicants have impressive resumes, engaging personalities and strong community service backgrounds. The Rotary clubs appreciate the generous support of our local communities that help us to generate scholarship funds that we can distribute to such deserving students."
The two returning college students are Timothy Liccardi to the University of Colorado and Emma Lathrop to the University of Arizona.
High school scholarship recipients are:
• Battle Mountain High School: Woody Brook, Karely Duran, Abigail Harrison, Haley Hervert, Thelma Juarez, Melissa Law, Alexandra Teague, Joselin Torrez and Ryan Wood.
• Eagle Valley High School: Katherine Andrews, Morgan Felton, Samantha Lay, Jacob Morrison and Karla Roblendo.
• Vail Christian High School: Samantha Hancock, Aime Hixon, Haylie Lengel and Vanessa Siriwalothakul.
• Vail Mountain School: Erika Charles.
• Red Canyon High School: Michael El-Bitar.
• Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy: Delaney Patterson.
Trending In: Announcements
- Vail Daily letter: A compliment for the community, a critique for the paper
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound reopened between main, East Vail exits
- Eagle town manager placed on ‘indefinite paid administrative leave’
- Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident