Glenwood Canyon bike path open for season
April 16, 2014
EAGLE COUNTY — The Colorado Department of Transportation has opened the Glenwood Canyon Bike Path for the season. The path runs alongside Interstate 70 through the canyon between Glenwood Springs at mile marker 116.8 and the east end of the canyon, at mile marker 131.
The Department of Transportation closes the Glenwood Canyon Bike Path each winter, when winter maintenance activities on I-70 above can create unsafe conditions on the path. It may be necessary for CDOT to close the path again for the safety of users, depending upon late spring snow and/or high water. For information on road conditions, log on to http://www.coloradodot.info or call 511 from anywhere in the state.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Jury duty both frustrates and fulfills would-be jurors in Eagle County
- Riders turn out for Colorado-Eagle River Ride
- Shifting silt soil moved to build Eagle school foundation on bedrock