Government offices closed on Monday
August 28, 2014
VAIL — Most town of Vail municipal offices will be closed on Monday in observance of Labor Day. The Vail Public Library also will be closed. Regular office hours will resume on Tuesday. Transit services will operate uninterrupted during the holiday. Also, the police front counter in the municipal building will remain open on Monday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Residents with curbside trash service are reminded to check with their trash removal company to determine if collection schedules will be affected by the Labor Day holiday. Vail's wildlife protection regulations prohibit placing trash outside for pickup other than from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. on the scheduled trash collection day. Residents also are reminded that if they haven't arranged for recycling pickup to contact their hauler and visit vailgov.com/recycling for information on how to recycle, recycling rebates, building permit fee waivers, low income bin rebates and other helpful tips.
County offices, including the Avon and El Jebel satellite offices and the county landfill and related facilities, will also be closed Monday.
Town of Avon municipal offices will be closed Monday, with regular office hours resuming Tuesday. The Avon Recreation Center will be open during regular business hours.
Trending In: Announcements
- Armed carjacking near Red Cliff has police searching for two suspects
- Avon video game store robbed; police searching for suspect
- Vonn returning to Vail; extends career one more season
- Lots of factors play into decline of Mexican travelers in Vail
- Training for Trump: Air Force at Eagle County airport for high altitude flight training