Hospice volunteer training to be held in Glenwood Springs
July 16, 2014
EAGLE COUNTY — Hospice of the Valley will host comprehensive training sessions for volunteers in Eagle, Garfield and Pitkin counties on Monday, Wednesday, July 28 and July 30 at Good Shepherd Church, 1630 Grand Avenue in Glenwood Springs.
The four required evening sessions, to occur on Mondays and Wednesdays from 5-8 p.m., are offered to participants who would like to be of comfort to those with a terminal illness.
Training topics will include: dispelling hospice myths, how to be a good listener, care and comfort measures, guidelines for spiritual care, family systems and understanding grief and bereavement.
Sean Jeung, chaplain and former volunteer coordinator of Hospice of the Valley, will facilitate the training sessions.
If you have an interest in attending these classes, or have any other questions, email Gail Britt at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at Hospice of the Valley at 970-569-7451.
Trending In: Announcements
- Vonn returning to Vail; extends career one more season
- Armed carjacking near Red Cliff has police searching for two suspects
- Avon video game store robbed; police searching for suspect
- Lots of factors play into decline of Mexican travelers in Vail
- Mysterious Aspen ski rental contract may relate to Trumps