Hospice volunteer training to be held in Glenwood Springs
July 16, 2014
EAGLE COUNTY — Hospice of the Valley will host comprehensive training sessions for volunteers in Eagle, Garfield and Pitkin counties on Monday, Wednesday, July 28 and July 30 at Good Shepherd Church, 1630 Grand Avenue in Glenwood Springs.
The four required evening sessions, to occur on Mondays and Wednesdays from 5-8 p.m., are offered to participants who would like to be of comfort to those with a terminal illness.
Training topics will include: dispelling hospice myths, how to be a good listener, care and comfort measures, guidelines for spiritual care, family systems and understanding grief and bereavement.
Sean Jeung, chaplain and former volunteer coordinator of Hospice of the Valley, will facilitate the training sessions.
If you have an interest in attending these classes, or have any other questions, email Gail Britt at email@example.com or call her at Hospice of the Valley at 970-569-7451.
Trending In: Announcements
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past
- New Eagle City Market compiles positive comments, sales tax numbers
- Real estate options in Wildridge offer privacy, open space and value (video)
- Vail Daily column: Summer paid parking in Vail?