Memorial Day ceremony set for Monday
May 21, 2014
EDWARDS — The Freedom Park Memorial Committee and VFW Post 10721 will be conducting its 10th annual ceremony in memory of all veterans of the Armed Forces who have served our country, and especially to those from Eagle County who paid the ultimate sacrifice for freedom.
The event will be Monday at 4 p.m. at the Freedom Park Memorial American Flag Pole Plaza in Edwards, three blocks off I-70 Exit 63 on Miller Ranch Road on the west side of the pond.
The program will also include recognition of the fragment of limestone from the 9/11 attack on the Pentagon that is now installed at Memorial Park.
The keynote speaker will be Diane Mitsch Bush, our representative for State House District 26. The program will include local dignitaries, veterans and members of Boy Scout Troops 222 and 231.
Trending In: Announcements
- Vonn returning to Vail; extends career one more season
- Armed carjacking near Red Cliff has police searching for two suspects
- Avon video game store robbed; police searching for suspect
- Lots of factors play into decline of Mexican travelers in Vail
- Mysterious Aspen ski rental contract may relate to Trumps