Open house for Chamonix talks to be held Feb. 3
February 11, 2016
VAIL — The town of Vail is inviting prospective home buyers to an open house that will be used to help shape decisions about the Chamonix housing development in West Vail. The listening session will be held Feb. 3 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the Grand View Room, on the third level of the Lionshead Village parking structure. Free two-hour parking is available and members of the public are welcome to drop in any time to learn more about Vail's newest neighborhood and to develop a home buyer profile. Light refreshments will be provided throughout the day.
Ideas about affordability, square footage, storage, amenities, parking, outdoor areas and other desired components of the development will be collected during the open house. The information will be used by the Vail Town Council to help determine homes types, home sizes and the range of affordability of the homes. Density discussions for the 3.6-acre parcel have ranged from approximately 40 to 50 new homes on the site.
The development schedule includes installation of site access and utilities beginning in April, with groundbreaking for construction of the first phase of new homes potentially taking place later in 2016.
A web page has been created to collect additional information from prospective buyers and to provide updates at www.vailgov.com/chamonix. For more information, call Vail Housing Manager Alan Nazzaro at 970-479-2146.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Sign of the times: Rifle’s new K9 puppies will be trained to ignore marijuana
- Developers of treatment center sue Cordillera residents for ‘discriminating against addictions’
- Save an Eagle. Break a Rib: Rosie Shearwood honored for 45-year fight against Adam’s Rib
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ reality show, ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Vail parking pass sales begin Oct. 30 with incentives for early purchases