Rec district candidate forum is Thursday
April 16, 2014
VAIL — The Vail Chamber & Business Association will host its 2014 Vail Recreation District Board of Directors Candidate Forum April 10 from 5 to 6:30 p.m. in the Vail Town Council Chambers. Candidates will answer a series of pre-determined questions as well as questions from the audience.
There are three board seats available this year, and seven candidates: Kevin Foley, Constance Miller, Kimberley Newbury, Robert Oppenheimer, Brian Rodine, Tom Saalfeld and Penny Turilli.
The public is encouraged to attend and will be invited to submit questions upon arrival. The forum will be hosted by Tony Mauro of local radio station KZYR. Each candidate will have an opportunity to address questions and issues, although they will have only a short time for answers. A special "lightning round" set of questions will put candidates in a situation to answer with just a "yes" or "no."
The May 6 vote will be conducted as a polling place election at the Vail Municipal Building. Election hours are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Absentee voting applications are now being accepted. An application can be downloaded by going to http://www.vailrec.com/elections or may be requested at the district's administration office, 700 S. Frontage Road, E. in Vail. The final day to request an absentee ballot is May 2.
For information on the candidate forum, call Alison Wadey of the Vail Chamber & Business Association, 970-477-0075. For election questions, call April Heredia, the district's designated election official, 970-479-2279.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Letter: Elimination of Vail Health pediatric doctors will impact children of valley
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his last lift ride
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ reality show, ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Second rash of West Vail thieves hit at least seven unlocked vehicles
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife warns hunter to leave their drones at home