Rotary Club seeks partners for Duck Race
April 20, 2014
VAIL — The Vail Rotary Club will sponsor its 16th annual Rubber Duck Race on Labor Day weekend to raise funds for the club’s service projects. Each year Vail Rotary partners with nonprofit organizations whose members sell Duck Race tickets. Last year the Vail Rotary Club gave out over $12,500 to those nonprofit partners!
This year Vail Rotary wants to increase the number of nonprofit partners to share in the proceeds from this event. Each nonprofit partner retains 50 percent of the funds it raises. The more ducks sold, the more funds each organization can raise. Members of the organizations also participate on race day, helping the hundreds of volunteers who make this event a huge success.
More than 10,000 people come into Vail to watch thousands of rubber ducks swimming to the winner’s circle just below the International Bridge.
This year’s event will be held Aug. 31. Nonprofit organizations that are interested in becoming partners of the Vail Rotary Club for the 2014 Rubber Duck Race can contact Larry Agneberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-376-7100.
Trending In: Announcements
- New Edwards consignment shop offers gently used and brand new kids clothing and gear
- Vail Symposium speaker discusses multidisciplinary approach to dementia, Dec. 1
- Colorado liquor delivery service launches new app
- Vacation rental firm boasts representation in Vail Valley
- Trading the Vail Valley for Navion