The deadline for Minturn scholarships approaching
July 23, 2014
MINTURN — If you're a Minturn resident planning on attending school at a college, university or a technical/trade school, you may be eligible for a scholarship from the Minturn Education Fund.
The application deadline is July 31. Application materials can be found at minturn.org.
The scholarship was established two years ago from funding provided by the Battle Mountain development.
Applicant must submit the following:
A completed application form.
• A letter of application addressed to the Minturn Education Fund.
• Two letters of recommendation.
• A copy of the most recent transcript with cumulative grade point average.
• Proof of acceptance to a college, university or trade school.
• Proof of two-years of Minturn residency.
The applicant must interview with the selection committee in person or via phone.
Scholarships will be issued directly to the recipient's campus and may not be used to pay back college loans.
If you have questions, call the town of Minturn offices at 970-827-5645.
Trending In: Announcements
- Steadman Clinic, Vail Valley Medical Center unveil $68M expansion
- Gypsum woman wins $100,000 from lottery
- Probation sentence for seven-time DUI offender highlights prosecutors’ frustration over recent law change
- Dog seriously injured after run-in with skier on Tiehack in Aspen
- Vail police see increase in fraudulent ski passes