Vail Mountain to host three Easter Sunday services
April 17, 2014
VAIL — Vail Mountain will host its annual interdenominational sunrise service on Easter Sunday at 6 a.m. inside at Eagle's Nest. The Eagle Bahn Gondola will open to the public at 5:30 a.m. to transport guests from Lionshead. Free baked goods and beverages will be provided. In addition, there will be two afternoon Easter services outside at Eagle's Nest: One scheduled for 12:30 p.m. at Simonton Deck also known as the Holy Cross observation deck, and one at 2:30 p.m. on the Marketplace deck.
For those planning to attend the Easter sunrise service, the town of Vail is offering free parking for vehicles that enter the Lionshead parking structure after 5 a.m. and depart prior to 10 a.m. Upon departure, attendees should inform the booth attendants they were at the service.
For the sunrise service, the gondola ride is free and guests are not permitted to bring skis or snowboards. Following the service, guests will be asked to download the gondola. Guests will need a lift ticket or scenic ride ticket for the 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. services.
For more information about Vail Mountain, call the Mountain Information Center at (970) SKI-VAIL (754-8245) or visit http://www.vail.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Eagle County Sheriff’s Office: Man arrested after report of masturbation in Miller Ranch Open Space in Edwards
- American Airlines to start all-year, daily service from Dallas-Fort Worth to Eagle County’s airport
- Arvada woman pleads not guilty in Eagle County crash that killed two of her children
- Speed limits on I-70 through Glenwood Canyon could go as low as 30 mph with new technology
- Relatives identify Fort Collins family killed in plane crash north of Glenwood Springs