Vail Valley emergency responders’ Ride in Remembrance is May 8
May 4, 2017
EAGLE COUNTY — Members of the public are invited to join Eagle County emergency responders for the 16th annual emergency responder recognition on Monday, May 8. The activities will begin at 9 a.m., when participants will gather at Freedom Park in Edwards to line up for a Ride in Remembrance event, featuring motorcycles, classic cars and emergency-response vehicles.
Anyone with a motorcycle or classic car is invited to join in. There will be a short ceremony at 9:30 a.m. at the Freedom Park Memorial. The procession will leave Freedom Park at 10:15 a.m. and travel to Donovan Park in Vail, followed by a Tribute to Our Fallen Heroes at Donovan Pavilion at 11 a.m. The service will recognize the three law enforcement officers, firefighter and air ambulance pilot who lost their lives serving the citizens of Eagle County. Lunch will be served following the program.
For more information, contact Jennifer Kirkland, 970-390-1553.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ reality show, ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Letter: Elimination of Vail Health pediatric doctors will impact children of valley
- Second rash of West Vail thieves hit at least seven unlocked vehicles
- Eagle County approves Edwards area, 120-unit 6 West Apartments plan
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his last lift ride