Vigil for Orlando victims is Friday in Eagle
June 15, 2016
EAGLE — A vigil for the victims of the terrorist and hate massacre in Orlando, Florida, will be held at the United Methodist Church of Eagle Valley this Friday evening from 6 to 8 p.m.
"Our gathering will be a time to come together in a place of prayer to mourn the loss of life and seek God's grace and solace," the church said in a press release. "The attack affected us all and challenges us to find places of faith and dignity in solidarity with these victims of violence and all victims of mindless cruelty, hatred and bigotry around the world."
Simple prayers will be offered, candles will be lit and an open microphone will be available for any attendees who desire to speak. Attendees are welcome to stay for the entire time or come and go. The church is located at 333 Second St. in Eagle.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Gypsum woman hangs herself at Garfield County Jail in Glenwood Springs
- Teen who fell from Hotel Colorado balcony regains consciousness but condition still ‘extremely critical,’ her mom says
- Vail Resorts executive leaves for new role at Steamboat Ski Area
- Jury acquits Leadville woman on drug distribution, weapons charges
- Eagle County schedules special hearing for 120-unit 6 West Apartments proposal in Edwards