Volunteers needed for Ride the Rockies in Avon
May 22, 2014
AVON — The town of Avon, Vail Valley Charitable Fund and Vail Valley Partnership need your help to welcome more than 2,000 Ride the Rockies participants to Avon on June 11 in Harry A. Nottingham Park.
Ride the Rockies is an annual statewide cycling tour covering 473 miles. The six-day tour climbs 28,265 vertical feet and crosses six mountain passes between June 6-13. Starting in Boulder, the course then travels to Winter Park, Steamboat Springs, Avon and Breckenridge. After traveling the 75 miles between Avon and Breckenridge, climbing Tennessee and Fremont passes, the ride's final 80-mile stage will head from Breckenridge to Golden over Loveland Pass and Lookout Mountain. During this stage, riders will also pass over Berthoud, Muddy and Rabbit Ears passes.
Riders end Stage 4 in Avon for an overnight stay at Nottingham Park. More than 70 volunteers are needed to help make this event a success.
Help is needed on the green team (zero waste initiative), at the beer garden, bike security and parking assistance. Volunteer for a shift and enjoy local food vendors, live entertainment by Jake Wolf & Friends, School of Rock, Celebrate the Beat and more.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Activewear company Liquido ticketed, faces fines for Hanging Lake conduct
- Vail Valley Foundation announces free concert lineup for Vail and Eagle
- Town of Eagle parts ways with former manager John Schneiger after one year
- Paraglider crashes into river near Eagle; rescued by passing rafters
- Minturn burglaries hit at least seven, residents should lock vehicles