WOLCOTT — Colorado Department of Transportation crews worked to clear a mudslide on Interstate 70 near Wolcott on Tuesday. The slide occurred just after 7 p.m. on Tuesday, closing both westbound lanes on I-70. The eastbound lanes remained open. Traffic was rerouted to U.S. Highway 6 between Wolcott and Eagle. About 300 vehicles got stuck in the slide, and CDOT crews removed the last vehicle at about 9 p.m., according to Tracy Trulove, communication manager for CDOT. The road was still closed at 9 p.m. Tuesday evening, and Trulove said the crews expect to reopen the road at about midnight.
Mudslide closes westbound I-70
Trending in: Crime
- Police seek man who allegedly groped women
- Local woman killed in alleged drunk driving crash
- Fight in Vail bar puts man back behind bars
- Arrest made in graffiti case
- Police searching for suspect who fled in Avon