2 killed in El Jebel; man arrested in Glenwood overnight
July 13, 2014
GLENWOOD SPRINGS — Authorities arrested a man in Glenwood Springs early this morning after a double slaying late Saturday in El Jebel.
Eagle County authorities said in a news release that they were notified at 11:17 p.m. of a shooting at 160 Arapahoe in the El Jebel area of unincorporated Eagle County.
A deputy arriving at the address minutes later and found a deceased male and a deceased female in the residence. A suspect was reported to have fled before authorities arrived.
Eagle County Undersheriff Mike McWilliam said this morning that the suspect was arrested without incident at about 5:40 a.m. in Glenwood Springs.
Williams Anderson Amaya, 33, had been sought in the shooting, and was considered armed and dangerous.
Eagle County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Jessie Mosher said the office asked the suspect’s cell phone company to “ping” his phone. That led authorities to Amaya’s workplace, where he was arrested.
Eagle County authorities were investigating. The county coroner will release the cause of death and identification of the two victims later.
Trending In: Crime
- Cunningham murder case ties up last thread
- Kilo-plus seized in Vail cocaine bust, three arrested
- Probation sentence for seven-time DUI offender highlights prosecutors’ frustration over recent law change
- 2 arrested in Eagle-Vail; police seize marijuana, guns
- Ritz Bachelor Gulch owner opts to fight felony charges