2 killed in El Jebel; man arrested in Glenwood overnight
July 13, 2014
GLENWOOD SPRINGS — Authorities arrested a man in Glenwood Springs early this morning after a double slaying late Saturday in El Jebel.
Eagle County authorities said in a news release that they were notified at 11:17 p.m. of a shooting at 160 Arapahoe in the El Jebel area of unincorporated Eagle County.
A deputy arriving at the address minutes later and found a deceased male and a deceased female in the residence. A suspect was reported to have fled before authorities arrived.
Eagle County Undersheriff Mike McWilliam said this morning that the suspect was arrested without incident at about 5:40 a.m. in Glenwood Springs.
Williams Anderson Amaya, 33, had been sought in the shooting, and was considered armed and dangerous.
Eagle County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Jessie Mosher said the office asked the suspect’s cell phone company to “ping” his phone. That led authorities to Amaya’s workplace, where he was arrested.
Eagle County authorities were investigating. The county coroner will release the cause of death and identification of the two victims later.
Trending In: Crime
- Breckenridge’s Blue Stag to serve suspension over employee cocaine bust
- Police believe they know who killed Greeley’s 12-year-old Kayleah Wilson
- Greeley police arrest five people after routine call early Saturday morning
- Teen driver in Carbondale wreck arrested on DUI, vehicular homicide
- Brother of man killed in apparent road rage incident asks public for help
- Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Glenwood commuting challenge mounts for Eagle County residents
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident
- Vail Ski and Snowboard Academy Class of 2017 is Overachiever U
- The year is complete and RPI is officially a mess