Authorities seek more info in Beaver Creek collision
April 16, 2014
EAGLE COUNTY — The Eagle County Sheriff's Office is seeking witnesses or any information regarding a skier collision that occurred on Beaver Creek Mountain on April 8 around 3:30 p.m. The collision took place underneath the Cinch Express Lift near the intersection of the Sheephorn and Centennial runs located just above the Spruce Saddle Lodge.
According to the victim, the unknown male snowboarder who collided with the victim told the injured skier that he would call for help. He then left the victim and did not wait for ski patrol to arrive on scene. Beaver Creek Ski Patrol responded and provided emergency rescue aide to the 60-year-old victim who was later transported to the hospital with serious injuries. The victim was then transported to a Denver area hospital.
The Colorado Ski Safety Act requires that all skiers control their speed and course, maintain a proper lookout so as to be able to avoid other skiers and, in the event of a collision, to remain at the scene and provide his or her name and address to an employee of the ski area operator.
If you think you may have any information about the suspects or this crime, call the Eagle County Sheriff's Office at 970-328-8500.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Vail sex assault case ends in misdemeanors; accuser can’t remember what happened
- Prosecutors have video, witnesseses for attempted murder of Eagle bartender
- High Country Crime: Trespasser leaves behind over 100 beer cans and resume
- Colorado immunity law protects those who report drug, alcohol overdoses
- Suspect in Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths will have preliminary hearing Oct. 3
- Truck driver dies in fiery Vail Pass crash that closed Interstate 70 for hours Thursday and Friday
- Eagle County Sheriff’s Office identifies 22-year-old arrested in connection with alleged public masturbation
- Cost is in on Ben Harper’s Avon concert: a loss of $68K
- Eagle bike/motorcycle accident detailed in Crime Stoppers alert resolved
- Letter: No luck with customer service at USPS in Vail