Authorities seek more info in Beaver Creek collision
April 16, 2014
EAGLE COUNTY — The Eagle County Sheriff's Office is seeking witnesses or any information regarding a skier collision that occurred on Beaver Creek Mountain on April 8 around 3:30 p.m. The collision took place underneath the Cinch Express Lift near the intersection of the Sheephorn and Centennial runs located just above the Spruce Saddle Lodge.
According to the victim, the unknown male snowboarder who collided with the victim told the injured skier that he would call for help. He then left the victim and did not wait for ski patrol to arrive on scene. Beaver Creek Ski Patrol responded and provided emergency rescue aide to the 60-year-old victim who was later transported to the hospital with serious injuries. The victim was then transported to a Denver area hospital.
The Colorado Ski Safety Act requires that all skiers control their speed and course, maintain a proper lookout so as to be able to avoid other skiers and, in the event of a collision, to remain at the scene and provide his or her name and address to an employee of the ski area operator.
If you think you may have any information about the suspects or this crime, call the Eagle County Sheriff's Office at 970-328-8500.
Trending In: Crime
- Breckenridge’s Blue Stag to serve suspension over employee cocaine bust
- Greeley police arrest five people after routine call early Saturday morning
- Teen driver in Carbondale wreck arrested on DUI, vehicular homicide
- Police believe they know who killed Greeley’s 12-year-old Kayleah Wilson
- Brother of man killed in apparent road rage incident asks public for help
- Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Glenwood commuting challenge mounts for Eagle County residents
- Woodchuck starts car fire in Steamboat Springs, flees scene, later apprehended
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident
- Huskies 3,200 relay strikes gold at state meet