Police search for suspect in stabbing northwest of Dotsero
June 12, 2014
DOTSERO — Police were searching Tuesday afternoon for the suspect in a knifing incident that occurred at a campground about 10 miles up the Coffee Pot Springs Road.
According to Garfield County Sheriff's Office spokesman Walt Stowe, a man and a woman got into an altercation at the campground around 3:45 p.m. Tuesday, and the woman received knife wounds.
She was either cut or stabbed, Stowe said, and was taken to Valley View Hospital in Glenwood Springs with "non-life-threatening injuries."
The male suspect reportedly left in a car from the campsite but wrecked it along Coffee Pot Springs Road and fled the scene, Stowe said.
"Police are still searching for the guy at this time," he said.
Because the incident occurred on the Garfield-Eagle county line, sheriff's departments from both counties and the Colorado State Patrol were involved in the search, Stowe said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Admitted murderer sentenced to 36 years for stabbing outside Leadville bar
- No charges in Burns shooting case
- Silt couple accused of embezzlement from Waffle House CEO’s ranch property
- Burns man gets probation after cops give him his guns back
- Brother of man killed in apparent road rage incident asks public for help
- Partially decomposed body found north of Eagle near Burger King
- One dead in apparent ATV crash in retail store parking lot in Gypsum
- Luxury real estate in Beaver Creek to be sold through Instant Gavel auction app
- Town of Eagle eyes nearly $83,000 total payment to former manager
- Breaking: Brush fire reported along Interstate 70 in Avon extinguished