Police search for suspect in stabbing northwest of Dotsero
June 12, 2014
DOTSERO — Police were searching Tuesday afternoon for the suspect in a knifing incident that occurred at a campground about 10 miles up the Coffee Pot Springs Road.
According to Garfield County Sheriff's Office spokesman Walt Stowe, a man and a woman got into an altercation at the campground around 3:45 p.m. Tuesday, and the woman received knife wounds.
She was either cut or stabbed, Stowe said, and was taken to Valley View Hospital in Glenwood Springs with "non-life-threatening injuries."
The male suspect reportedly left in a car from the campsite but wrecked it along Coffee Pot Springs Road and fled the scene, Stowe said.
"Police are still searching for the guy at this time," he said.
Because the incident occurred on the Garfield-Eagle county line, sheriff's departments from both counties and the Colorado State Patrol were involved in the search, Stowe said.
Trending In: Crime
- Avon video game store robbed; police searching for suspect
- Two men found dead in El Jebel area; third person taken to hospital
- In improbable scenario, Devils topple Huskies
- Training for Trump: Air Force at Eagle County airport for high altitude flight training
- Dog dollars: Off-leash pets cost taxpayers hundreds of thousands dollars, law enforcement thousands of hours