Eagle County senior calendar: Upcoming events for seniors, July 18-24
July 17, 2017
• Today: Blood pressure and blood glucose checks at the Golden Eagle Senior Center, 11:30 a.m. No signup necessary.
• Wednesday: Poker game at the Golden Eagle, 1 p.m. All levels welcome; no experience necessary.
• Thursday: Bravo! Vail concert at the Golden Eagle Senior Center dining room, 11 a.m. String quartet; free. If you would like to participate in lunch after the concert, call 970-328-8896 ahead of time to sign up.
• Friday: Free haircuts at the Golden Eagle, 1 p.m. Must sign up for a spot by calling 970-328-8896 or signing up at the Golden Eagle.
• Friday: 20-minute chair massages 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.; cost is $5, and reservations are required. Call 970-328-8831 to reserve a spot.
• Tuesdays: Joint Relief water class at the Avon Rec Center from 10 to 11 a.m. Cost is $2.00 per class.
• Wednesdays: Hiking/Nordic walking groups continue at the Maloit Park Senior Wellness center (located in the Vail Ski and Snowboard Academy), 10 a.m. All are welcome; wear comfortable walking shoes. Walking poles are available at the site when you arrive. Call 970-328-2812 for more details.
• Wednesdays: Medicare counseling from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Golden Eagle Senior Center. Call 970-328-8896 to sign up for a spot.
• Volunteers needed: In search of volunteers to lead some intergenerational activities with the Minturn seniors (call Pat Nolan at 970-328-8831) or become an Activity Buddy for the Eagle Valley Senior Life program (call Wendy Miller at 970-977-0188).
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, visit http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth/healthy_aging/overview.
• Golden Eagle Senior Center, 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896
• Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center (Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy building), 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831