April 9, 2014
Name: Jon Stavney
Job: Eagle Town Manager
Lives in: Eagle
In high school I was … A Hudson's Bay High School Eagle, a trombone and basketball player—though not at the same time. I was 13th in my class — a dying breed of nerd-a-lete and, of course, full of myself.
If I was a t-shirt, I would be (fabric, color, any print?)… In the laundry two or three times a week, play hard, clean up often.
What's the best thing about the town you live in? It's the only place like it on earth, loved by many, fought over by some, maturing with age — the town, not the residents that is.
If I could be any superhero, I'd be… OK, can't do the superhero in tights thing any more. I'd be chief Joseph of the Nez Perce, superhero of the Wallowa Mountains, led his people, negotiated for peace with dignity during tribe's last years of freedom.
If I was given a million dollars, the first thing I'd buy is … A nice reliant automobile. Really, I would pay off all debt, then take our family to each of the continents.
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Vail Ski and Snowboard Academy Class of 2017 is Overachiever U
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident
- Glenwood commuting challenge mounts for Eagle County residents
- The year is complete and RPI is officially a mess